Southern Business Machines
Southern Business Machines (SBM) has, for over 40 years, been providing office equipment sales, service and supplies to the Canterbury region.
The company was established in 1976 and specialises in Photocopiers – Printers – Faxes – Scanners – Multifunction office equipment and IT Solutions.
Southern Business Machines Ltd (SBM) has grown to be one of Christchurch’s largest privately owned and operated office equipment specialists.
The acquisition of a Canon dealership in January 2006 has seen SBM grow from being a mid-sized business to being a major player in the Canterbury region. With Canon’s specialised products and support, we can offer that personal touch that only a local company can provide.
In addition to this support, we can find a solution to your needs and help you with your hardware decisions whether you are purchasing, renting or hire purchasing through our in-house finance company – Mandeville Machine Rentals Chch Ltd (MMR).
Along with our major connection with Canon NZ Ltd, we have long-standing partnerships with other international technology leaders such as Brother, Ricoh, Oki, Samsung and HP.
Our goal is to provide our customers with the best sales, service and supplies available to assist in the smooth running of their businesses.
From the outset, Southern Business Machines began and has continued to operate, as a wholly Canterbury owned independent company.
- In 1981, Southern Business Machines was able to bring to the South Island, Ricoh branded copiers and faxes, whereby laying down further foundations for future growth and development.
- In 1985, Southern Business Machines, in addition, became a Brother accredited agent, enabling it to sell, service and supply Brother products.
- In 1988, the then directors of Southern Business Machines created a company called Mandeville Machine Rentals. The conception of this company arose out of a growing demand for the renting, leasing and hire purchase of office equipment. Having an in-house finance company was to complement Southern Business Machines’ rapidly expanding customer base.
- In 2006, Southern Business Machines aligned itself with the Canon brand as a dealer for the Canterbury region, with full Canon NZ Ltd back-up and support, SBM has 14 service centres nationwide.
- In 2012, Southern Business Machines added the Oki ES series of products to its range.
- In 2016, Southern Business Machines was appointed, one of only two south island Samsung Authorised service centres, selling and servicing the complete range of Samsung Multifunction printers.
Furthermore, the current directors, John Otte and Des Haines have been involved in the photocopier industry for thirty-nine and twenty-eight years respectively. With both having an extensive service and sales background, they can ensure a ‘hands on’ approach to office equipment in the Christchurch/Canterbury region.
Being privately owned and operated allows Southern Business Machines the freedom to form partnerships for supply, service and support with other noted international technology leaders in office equipment such as –
Southern Business Machines has a long standing reputation for excellent after sales, service, unparalleled in the Canterbury Region.
Keep up to date
Southern Business Machines has been established since 1976
Sales & Service
Providing office equipment sales, service and supplies
We can offer that personal touch that only a local company can provide
We will work with you to find a solution to suit your needs